Here are 5 Communication Habits to Maximize Your Chances of Getting What You Want Faster
- If you have a decision you want to document to avoid any misunderstandings, send an email explaining the decision.
2. If you have lots of details for people to sift through, send a file for them to review on their own time.
(Plus schedule a follow-up meeting, if needed).
3. If you have a topic that’s complicated, controversial or requires discussion, schedule a call or meeting.
4. If you have a meeting to schedule, send a calendar invite clearly stating the date, time and meeting method.
5. If you have a decision that requires multiple people’s approval, consult people individually.
From the article 10 highly effective communication habits to get what you want faster: Harvard work expert by @GorickNg via @CNBCMakeIt
Gorick Ng is the author of The Unspoken Rules, a Wall Street Journal bestseller